Rogue 5.4 was developed between 1983 and 1984. The most common release of 5.4 is found on the BSD 4.3 Unix distribution tape (June 1986) as archived on the CSRG Archives CD Set and only as a binary executable.
This is the final version of the original (Toy, Arnold, Wichman) rogue developed for the UNIX operating system. The source code was recovered by Ken Arnold and posted on Sourceforge which I then copied and restored here.
September 5, 2007 2:14pm - 5.4.4
- fix save/restore code to actually work.
- fixed coredump when c)alling a weapon.
- include autoconf related files in source tarball.
- clean up autoconf for package maintainers.
- rpm spec file and desktop integration files contributed by Wart.
- port to Mac OS/X.
July 23, 2007 1:42am - 5.4.3
- bugs related to wield/wearing items fixed
- autoconf (configure) system in place for building from source code
- addressed issues raised by Fedora packagers
January 29, 2006 9:38pm - 5.4.2
5.4.2 Release (ninja patched 1/30/2006 11:48AM).
- Fixed save/restore code to actually work!
- Added keypad/cursor key support. Support varies dependending on terminal/console capabilities.
January 4, 2006 11:00pm - 5.4.1
- Initial release